Saturday, July 9, 2011

"I would like to speak to your manager..." Really, just shut the F*$% up.

Been off for a few days, and though it has been absolutely wonderful, my friends still keep me in the loop about the complete idiots I will be dealing with when I return.


PHONE CALL, 9:30pm, only one Front Desk person on:

CO:     Thank you for calling (name), this is (name) speaking, how may I help you this evening?
Caller: Yes, I will be checking in tomorrow and see on the company website that your hotel offers a pool, free wi-fi, a business center, and fitness center. Can you tell me what amenities your hotel offers?
CO:  Um, yes, ma'am, we do have free wireless, a pool, a business center, and fitness center, and (etc etc).  (Happily asks)What would you like to know about these, ma'am?

(MEANWHILE: Three sets of people come up to desk to check in and ask information about the area, etc.)

Caller: I would like to know about your amenities.
CO:   Ma'am, I am going to have to put you on hold for a moment, I have a few people checking in, and I will be right back.
Caller:   You WHAT???  You don't TELL me what you are going to DOOOO!!!!! You ASK ME if you can put me on hold!!!!!"
CO:  Um, ma'am, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-
Caller:  NO, NNNNOOOO, I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER IMMEDIATELY"
CO:   Uhhh, ma'am, the manager won't be in until 9 tomorrow morning, I can give you his-
Caller:  I WANT YOUR NAME, YOUR MANAGER'S NAME AND HIS NUMBER NOW.  NOW!!!
CO:   Ok, ma'am, my name is (name), his is (name) and the number is (number)
Caller: Your manager will be hearing from me, (name)!!!!!(HANGS UP)


So, hopefully this sheds some light onto why it is hard to move on to the next person we deal with a fresh view, when the probability that the next person we deal with is most likely going to be an even more insane, demanding, asshole...

No comments:

Post a Comment